How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Um, yes. I will be doing this.
Yes. I support this movement
watch me be loud as hell
Oh i WILL be doing this.
I LOVE and support this idea so much.
YES. THIS. Because I’m tired of going into stores with ‘plus size’ sections and all the clothing is NOT what I want at all.
An extra thing I did for a rad little project. More information sooooon. :]
Hey, remember that one picture. I might have done some colour-photo-effect-shadizzle. Wish I could link to an original source, but sadly, I do not have the original location.
…Shame. Looks like a good book.
Reblog this if you blog any of the following!:
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn
- Attack On Titan
- Hunter x Hunter
- Fairy Tail
- Doctor Who
- Black Bullet
- Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji
- Soul Eater
- Ao No/ Blue Exorcist
-Kagerou Project/ Mekakucity Actors
tbh one of the saddest moments in khr was when mini moska got destroyed in order to protect spanner. never forget
the full set! I’m kind of happy with it but I’m more happy that I finally managed to produce a matching complete set
Lineage 2: Goddess of Destruction - Shilen Cosplay by Nemu013
Photo by TaisiaFlyagina
What a great message. I wish all characters were this nice. Does anyone know what this is from?